Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lil Wayne shows us "How To Love"


Lil Wayne's "How To Love" video premiered Tuesday night and some of you may have seen it already but I wanted to share my thoughts on it.  (If you haven't seen it click this link)  Let me start by saying before watching the video I gave kudos to Weezy for this song as it stood apart from his typical raps about money, sex and the infamous "yella bones".   This is by far the best video he has done to date, in my opinion.  The song/video combo shows a side of Dwayne Carter that we rarely see and I like it!
Seriously though, watching this video made me think of Rihanna's "Man Down".  Both videos are depicting real life situations that so many people face and can relate to. “How to Love” is a thought provoking video and incites genuine emotion (I started tearing up).   It's such a real story for a lot of folks and I believe that seeing the story play out helps us see what affect our actions have on   ourselves and our children.  Within a 5-minute video Lil Wayne lets us see the trauma of an abused woman, understand the damage of an abused child and recognize the pain from lack of love.  So I must give credit where credit is due.  Well done Weezy, well done! 
I’ll leave you with my favorite line- “I just want you to know, that you deserve the best you’re beautiful.  And I want you to know, you’re far from the usual!

Until next time...
*deuces*
Que

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2010 Uni-QUE-lyMe
Bloggerized by Dzignine, based on Nekoji design.