Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm obsessed

Hi friends,

I'm back.  So my weekend was pretty uneventful, I didn't really go out to do anything although I really wanted to.  However I do have an active weekend coming up with my mother's annual dinner party which is always loads of fun.  If I'm not mistaken this weekend will also be my first outing with the ladies of Zeta Phi Beta.  They are hosting a game night and I told them I would come.  There is also this Film & Fashion networking event that I'll attend with a friend of mine on Friday and I'll round out the weekend at a fundraising event.  So I'll have new pictures and lots to blog about next week. 

But tonight will be a bit of a therapy session for me.  All of my life I've been a "natural girl".  I had never really worn any makeup besides an occasional mascara and lip gloss, always nude.....never really worn lip color.  I tried lipstick a few times but I was never really comfortable so I stuck with the safe, flesh tone gloss.  I never thought wearing make-up was necessary plus I didn't really like the made-up look, I enjoyed being natural.  My mother is such a beautiful "natural" woman so I just followed her lead.  But within the last couple of months I decided to step outside of my comfort level and experiment with make-up. 

My first venture was to the drug store and Target but with so many choices I didn't have a clue where to start.  I wasn't sure what colors would compliment my skin tone and unfortunately I couldn't test the make-up so I stayed in my comfort zone again and just picked up Maybelline Colossal Mascara and a Revlon Color Stay liquid foundation.  I loved the mascara, after a few coats my eyelashes were really full like Kim Kardashian, well not quite but still pretty full.  The foundation wasn't the right color so I decided to return it.  I already had eye shadows that had been purchased over the years but never really worn so I started playing around with them.  It was fun, playing with different color combinations but I didn't quite have the technique down so I never left the house for fear of looking like a clown.  So I was back to the mascara again.

I was determined to try something new so my next stop was to a cosmetic store where I could get assistance and the first place that came to mind was MAC, of course!  I'll have to admit I was pretty nervous as MAC is known for their highly pigmented shadows and lipsticks but I wanted to give a go.  So I went to the MAC counter at Macy's and told the artist that I was looking for a lip color.   I admitted that I was nervous since I never wore color on my lips before but I wanted to dive head in so I asked for a red and bold pink lipstick.  What a leap huh.....I go from nude to firetruck red!  The red lip color was called Ladybug and the pink was.  I tried them both on in the store and I thought I looked a bit clownish but I pressed on anyway.  I decided to buy both of them, and actually wore the pink out of the store.  I ended up blotting it a bit because it was really bright but after blotting the color toned down significantly.

Well that was about two months ago and apparently I've caught the beauty bug because every week I'm itching for my next fix.  What new product will I purchase this week, fall's plum lip color, a trendy teal nail polish, maybe I'll try out a new foundation or concealer or how about that eyeshadow palette.  I've become obsessed with everything beauty!  I cannot even tell you the amount of money I've spent on beauty products within the last 2-3 months.  But I'm having such a good time!  I get a thrill when I pick up a new lip color or eyeshadow palette, I just can't wait to go home and try it out.  It has become my new hobby plus I look cute! :)


Made-up-Purple Haze


Fresh face
 

Fresh face-au naturel


No foundation-mascara & MAC Ladybug lipstick

I love this photo!-No make-up



Fully made-up-I was playing around with a new red eyeshadow

I just wanted to show you all my transition with a few photos.  I hope you enjoyed them.  I had a few more but I really looked like a clown .....I didn't want to embarrass myself too bad....lol.  Anywho til next time....

*deuces*
Que

No comments:

Post a Comment