Monday, October 11, 2010

National Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Hi friends,

I wanted to share some wonderful things that are happening this month.  If you haven't noticed a lot of companies are going "PINK"!  This is to celebrate National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.   I have  had breast cancer touch my life  by way of my mother who was diagnosed in 2009.  However, I am happy to say that she is a survivor and is doing wonderful.  I've wanted to do my part to help out in the way of Breast Cancer awareness for a few years even prior to my mom's diagnosis but I had been a bit hesitant.
But this year I've made the decision to participate in some way.  The American Cancer Society is sponsoring Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk in Atlanta, GA on Saturday, October 23rd and I'm putting together a team of friends and family to walk and donate to the cause. 

Also, Yoplait Yogurt has the "Save Lids, Save Lives" Campaign.  Their yogurt products, no matter your favorite...mine is Whips!, have the pretty pink lid and all you do is "save 'em, rinse 'em, and mail 'em in by December 31, 2010.  Yoplait will donate 10 cents per lid up to 1.6 million to Susan G. Komen for the cure.  It may seem like a small contribution but it adds up.  In fact this campaign has resulted in a $25MM contribution over the past 12 years! If you love yogurt it's a win win! See the link below for the campaign.
http://www.yoplait.com/slsl/#/default

There are other ways to contribute as well.  Many places you shop are donating a certain percentage of your purchase to benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure.  Below are just a few companies that are going "PINK".  :)


Georgia Aquarium
Photo courtesy of NBCAM.org

KimmiK-<3 the shoes!
Photo courtesy of Shoedazzle.com


Photo courtesy of NBCAM.org

*deuces*
Que

No comments:

Post a Comment